Which Sonicare Brush Head Is Best For You?
The Phillips Sonicare electric toothbrush is my favorite brush on the market. This is the brush we sell and recommend at our office, and I have seen great results with my patients who use it. We carry three different brushes that range in price, as well as options. The brush I recommend the most is the Flexcare Platinum. This brush is awesome for those who already have recession or prone to recession, as it has a built in pressure sensor with different power settings and brushing times. This brush is available with or without a UV sanitizer, which is a little cassette attached to the charging base that your brush head goes into and it kills 99.9% of the bacteria on it. The 2nd brush is the easy clean; this brush is specially offered only at dental offices. It is a simple brush and great for those who don’t have recession or root exposure. Both brushes have a two minute timer that is helpful in making sure your brushing evenly throughout your entire mouth. The 3rd brush we have is the Sonicare for kids. The kids brush has a rubber handle, rubber backing on the heads, and the timer gradually builds up to the entire two minutes. The Sonicare helps remove more plaque in two minutes than a manual toothbrush will remove in a month. Your teeth should feel like you’ve just had a cleaning every time you finish brushing if used properly. The hardest part of using a Sonicare is deciding which brush head is right for you. I created a little list below of which brush heads are on the market and what they focus on.
Premium Plaque Control
· Removes up to 10X more plaque vs. manual toothbrush
· Deepest cleaning brush head
· Soft, flexing sides allow for greater surface contact than diamond clean
· The largest head of them all – not good for people with small mouths
Premium Gum Care
· 7x healthier gums in 2 weeks vs. manual toothbrush
· Best brush head for improving gum health
· Extra soft edge allowing bristles to target plaque along the gumline
· Narrower brush head
Optimal Gum Care
· Improves gum health up to 4x better vs. manual toothbrush
· Gumline bristles help prevent gum disease
· Gentle but effective
· Oval shape with more compact bristles
· Up to 100% less stains in 1 week when used in white+ mode vs. a manual toothbrush using whitening toothpaste.
· Diamond shaped – the green central bristles are densely packed to help remove surfaces stains caused by wine, coffee and tobacco.
· Comes in standard (traditional size) or Compact (mini size)
· Gentle and effective cleaning for sensitive teeth and gums
· Ultra- soft bristles paired with a gentle trim profile allows for cushion around the teeth while brushing
· Reaches deeper between teeth for an exceptional clean
· Gets into hard to reach areas between teeth
· Extra-long high density bristles that get in deep between teeth
There are many options out there as you can see. Try the one that best fits what you are looking for in a brush head. Our flexcare brushes come with four brush heads so you can see which one works best for you. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me or discuss with your dental professional. Our brush heads range from $25 to $28 for a pack of three, and kids brush heads are $20 for a pack of three!
Don’t forget the holidays are here and brush heads can make great stocking stuffers! So stop into our office today and grab a free coffee, and pick up a three pack of brush heads for you or your loved ones!